Skip to main content

Supreme Court refuses to cancel Rhea Chakraborty’s case against Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister; CBI to investigate

The Supreme Court on Friday said that actor Rhea Chakraborty’s case against Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh will not be cancelled. Chakraborty had accused Priyanka of arranging a fake prescription to help Sushant access banned medication. The CBI will now take over the case and investigate the matter as the SC had earlier ruled that all FIRs related to Sushant’s death will be investigated by the central investigation agency.

Supreme Court refuses to cancel Rhea Chakraborty’s case against Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister; CBI to investigate

Rhea Chakraborty who is being investigated by multiple central agencies after Sushant Singh Rajput's family accused her of having a role in the actor's death filed a complaint against Rajput’s sisters Priyanka and Mitu Singh. The sisters were accused of forgery and violation of the NDPS (Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances) Act based on the complaint by Chakraborty.

Chakraborty had filed a complaint based on Whatsapp texts exchanged between Sushant and Priyanka Singh on June 8, six days before his demise. According to the chat, Priyanka had advised her brother to take three medicines- Librium, Mexito and Lonazep. These are prescribed for depression and anxiety but not bought over the counter and require prescription.

On February 15, the Bombay High Court said that the investigation against Priyanka Singh would continue while cancelling the case against Mitu Singh. On Friday, Priyanka's lawyer argued in the SC that there was no evidence of Sushant consuming the said medicine. She also said in her petition that the doctor she consulted was qualified to prescribe the drugs and through teleconsultation.

ALSO READ:  Sushant Singh Rajput case: NCB files 12,000 page chargesheet



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/39yNUbZ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tom Hiddleston starrer Loki to premiere on Disney+ on June 11, 2021

Disney has set a date for Marvel's upcoming series Loki starring Tom Hiddleston. After the WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki will hit the streaming giant on June 11, 2021. Ahead of the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, Disney+ unveiled the release date for Marvel Studios' Loki. The series features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame . Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, joined by Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku, and Richard E. Grant. Kate Herron directs Loki, and Michael Waldron is the head writer. ALSO READ: Marvel releases thrilling new trailers of Disney Plus series WandaVision, Loki and Falcon And The Winter Soldier from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3spb8bd